Watervliet Middle School
Weekly Announcements: 5/25/12
· Yearbooks are now on sale for $10 from Mr. Tiefenbach. There are only 175, so they will go fast. They will be on sale on a first come first serve basis.
· There are approximately 500 pictures and videos from the Watervliet Middle School Honor Club Tennessee trip that are posted to the Watervliet Middle School Honor Club Facebook page. Become a fan of this page to check them out.
· Coaches have been meeting with the middle school students. Check with your child to see if any information for summer camps or fall sports have been sent home.
· There is information in the WMS office about being an exhibitor at the Berrien County Youth Fair. Pick up a flyer.
· The 7th grade students will be traveling to Formula K in Mattawan on Friday, June 1. They will depart at 10:20 and return at 2:45.
· The 8th grade will take their end of the year trip to Michigan’s Adventure on Wednesday, May 30. They will leave W.M.S. at 8:10 a.m. and return to the school at about 5:45.
· For information concerning school matters including teacher email, athletics, lunch, and policy issues please visit the WMS website at www.watervliet.k12.mi.us/ms
· If parents want to know what their child’s lunch balance is or what their child has been eating they can set up an account free of charge at www.sendmoneytoschool.com to view the lunch accounts.
· Junior Varsity and varsity cheerleading tryout practice will be May 31 and June 1 at 3:15. Tryouts will be June 4 at 3:15. A sign-up sheet is in the office.
· Congratulations to WMS student of the week: Octaviano Blanco
· Congratulations to WMS student of the week for last week: Cameron Rendo
· Congratulations to the following WMS Band Members for winning the following awards, voted on by their band mates:
1. Sixth Grade Band: Most Improved Players - Ellie Troyer, Ben Myas, Clay Warner; Best Section – PERCUSSION; Outstanding Band Members - Kylee Warren & Taylor Prillwitz
2. Middle School Band: Most Improved Player - 7th Zoey Howard, 8th Amber Farnsworth; Best Section – PERCUSSION; Outstanding Band Member - 7th Emily Fellows, 8th Brody Roland
3. Jazz Band: Outstanding Newcomer - John Kowerduck; Most Improved Player - Ben Wierenga
· May 30 8th grade trip to Michigan Adventure
· May 31 Choir Concert 7:00
· June 1 7th grade trip to Formula K
· June 6 Celebrate Success – End of Year awards